March 16th, 2009
What’s happening now:
- The Sound of Silence, an exhibition of works by Alfredo Jaar (Season 4), is on view at Galerie Lelong in New York through May 2. Visitors are invited to enter an enclosed aluminum structure that presents an 8-minute silent film. Read more about the exhibition here.
- Read Quinn Latimer’s interview with Season 3 artist Ellen Gallagher for Modern Painters. Gallagher’s first exhibition in London is on view at South London Gallery through May 2.
- Her Memory, an exhibition of recent works by Season 2 artist Kiki Smith, is on view at the Joan Miró Foundation in Barcelona through May 24.
- Roni Horn’s first major museum show in the U.K. is on view at Tate Modern through May 25. Watch a webcast of the Season 3 artist in conversation with curator James Lingwood; art historian Briony Fer; and Tate Curator Mark Godfrey here.
- Through June 1, two new videos by Allora & Calzadilla (Season 4) are on view at the Museum Haus Esters Krefeld in Germany.
- Andrea Zittel and Shahzia Sikander (both Season 1) are included in Fashioning Felt at Cooper-Hewitt, a survey of more than 70 contemporary objects made of the material. The exhibition is on view through September 7.
- Ann Hamilton (Season 1) has collaborated with the Los Angeles-based workshop Gemini G.E.L. to produced new works, including three 3-dimensional objects and twenty-five prints. A reception with artist and a book signing will be held on March 19 from 6 to 8pm.
Posted in: > The Weekly Roundup, Alfredo Jaar, Allora & Calzadilla, Andrea Zittel, Ann Hamilton, Ellen Gallagher, Exhibitions, Germany, Kiki Smith, Los Angeles, New York City, Roni Horn, Shahzia Sikander, Spain, United Kingdom
Similar posts: Sikander Trifecta (incl. talk tonight at Cooper-Hewitt) , Weekly Roundup , Sikander Curates at Cooper-Hewitt , Weekly Roundup , Shahzia Sikander at Ikon Gallery