June 8th, 2009
- Bruce Nauman (Season 1) has won the Golden Lion award for Best National Participation at the 2009 Venice Biennale. Visit the Daily Best Media Gallery to see images of his installation.
- Nauman is the first Art21 artist to appear on the Times list of the top 200 artists from the 20th century through today. He comes in at #24.
- Songs of Ascension, the multimedia work by Season 1 artist Ann Hamilton and composer Meredith Monk, will be included in this year’s Next Wave Festival at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM).
- BAM has also commissioned a new piece by the Dessner Brothers. The musical duo will collaborate with Season 3 artist Matthew Ritchie, as well as vocalists from The Breeders for this project.
- Videos by Season 4 artist Pierre Huyghe (working in collaboration with Philippe Parreno, Dominique Gonzalez Foerster, Liam Gillick and Melik Ohanian) are on view in VRAOUM!, an exhibition of comic strips and contemporary art, at La Maison Rouge in Paris.
- A major mid-career survey of work by Yinka Shonibare MBE (Season 5) will open at the Brooklyn Museum on June 26, 2009.
Posted in: > The Weekly Roundup, Ann Hamilton, Biennials, Bruce Nauman, Exhibitions, Festivals, France, Matthew Ritchie, New York City, Pierre Huyghe, Prizes, Programs-Events, Sculpture, Spain, USA, Yinka Shonibare MBE
Similar posts: theanyspacewhatever , Pierre Huyghe | “Anlee” , Matthew Barney and Pierre Huyghe in Il Tempo del Postino , 24-Hour Marathon at the Guggenheim , Socially Acceptable