Sit stay awhile, be it for a snack, some dinner, or some thought-provoking conversation. Here’s what’s been cookin’ at the Art21 Blog this past week:
- Currently on view at Gagosian Gallery in NYC is Sally Mann’s Proud Flesh, an exhibition of thirty-three photographs of her husband Larry. Check out this beautiful post by departing guest blogger, Max Weintraub.
- A big welcome to Bryce Dwyer, Art21’s new Chicago-based guest blogger!
- Whoa, there’s a lot going on! Hmmm, what exhibitions featuring Art21 artists are in my geographic area? Nicole Caruth Rounds Them Up!
- Meet the Season 5 Artist: Julie Mehretu
- Julie Mehretu is interviewed by Lawrence Chua in this week’s edition of BOMB in the Building.
- How could anyone call East Berlin boring? In this post, Looking at Los Angeles: Berlin Wall Falls in L.A., Catherine Wagley reflects on U.S. Ambassador Richard Barkley’s recent comments, an exhibition at the Hammer Museum, as well as the visual landscape of her hometown of L.A.
- Access ’09 happenings | Here’s a list of the goings-on Thursday October 1st through October 4th. Any events near you?