November 21st, 2009
- It’s a cage that went in search of a bird…Sreshta Rit Premnath explores the ocean as a territory that lies outside the realm of governmentality.
- Nicole rounds them up! From exhibitions and public talks, to limited-edition prints and digital calendars, this week you can find Art21 artists involved in various activities in New York, Washington D.C., Dublin, and Johannesburg.
- FLASHPOINTS: Kevin Buist talks about the Mythic Environments created by Robert Smithson and Eames Demetrios… What is Ecoartivism? Stacy Ward Kelly has been inspired by many artists who have a calling to protect and care for the physical world we inhabit…How does art respond to the natural world?
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Paul McCarthy | Piccadilly Circus
- A year ago Joe Fusaro explored the theme of power with his students. He does the same again this year but in a different way. In this week’s Teaching with Contemporary Art column, Joe emphasizes the importance of taking feedback from students seriously.
- What is the story of how Art21 began? Your answer is here, directly from Susan Sollins, Founder and Executive Director.
- Maria Steinina talks about historic photographic in the art market … and her unquenchable thirst for the artists’ book.
- International Design Conservation: A Discussion with Tim Bechthold
Posted in: > Teaching with Contemporary Art, > The Weekly Roundup, > What's Cookin': The Art21ndex, How does art respond to and redefine the natural world?
Similar posts: What’s Cookin at the Art21 Blog: A Weekly Index , Have Kazoo Will Travel , What’s Cookin at the Art21 Blog: A Weekly Index , What’s Cookin at the Art21 Blog: A Weekly Index , What’s Cookin at the Art21 Blog: A Weekly Index