December 12th, 2009
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE — Doris Salcedo | Third World Identity
- New Guest Blogger: Kelly Rakowski, a graphic designer and Head of the Book Department at Todd Oldham Studio.
- Check out this post of images of the Costumes of the Katsinas as part of her Nothing is New project.
- Future Russia
- Nicole Caruth ROUNDS THEM UP! In this week’s Art21 artist news you’ll read about a forty-million dollar art collection in Las Vegas, a major exhibition of work by Korean and Korean American artists, an installation made of yogurt caps, a massive concrete sculpture in Canada, and more.
- Justice Potter Stewart and Contemporary Art… What does art look like?
Ben Street writes to us from London
- TEACHING WITH CONTEMPORART ART | Confronting History
Joe Fusaro refers to Doris Salcedo : “As an artist, I have a responsibility. I have to look at historical events and work with whatever material is given to me.”
- On Location: Filming Art21 Educators in Southern California
- FLASHPOINTS: How does art respond to the natural world? | Deference to the Vernacular , Artists and Athletes:Riyas Komu’s Mark Him … and a Tree Museum!
- Dutch Bound Books | Wolfsonian Library
- Blogalogue, Part 4: Lee Montgomery … and now.
- Looking at Los Angeles: Squeak Carnwath’s Unique Lexicon Channels the Universal
Posted in: > Teaching with Contemporary Art, > The Weekly Roundup, > What's Cookin': The Art21ndex, How does art respond to and redefine the natural world?
Similar posts: Doris Salcedo: Istanbul , Doris Salcedo | Third World Identity , Confronting History , 100 Artists | Doris Salcedo , What’s Cookin at the Art21 Blog: A Weekly Index