The New York Close Up Film Fund closes on August 31, leaving you only six more days to become a member! Don’t wait — join now to enjoy the benefits of membership before the summer ends.
In just nine weeks, the 13 New York Close Up films gained over 36,000 views. This success — rarely seen stories shared with thousands of viewers — is possible through the support of enthusiasts like you.
As you may know from viewing the films, the artists featured share their personal stories of diving into the New York art world. Artist Shana Moulton discusses merging her passion with a career in order to make a sustainable living. Lucas Blalock takes viewers into his studio to share his creative philosophy, developed through his photography of 99-cent store purchases. LaToya Ruby Frazier reveals how her roots in an economically struggling community have fueled her pursuit of a deeper and more facile artistic voice.
Support more documentary films like these and add your voice to the mix by becoming one of 100 New York Close Up Film Fund members. Your contribution will make a significant impact:
- $50 contributes to a day of on-site filming in an artist’s studio
- $250 supports the work of editors developing new short-format films
- $500 provides for Web-based programs reaching audiences worldwide
In return for your support, you receive:
- A first look at future New York Close Up Films
- Advance notice of New York Close Up programs and events
- An invitation to an intimate party in the fall with New York Close Up artists
Becoming a member is the best way to enjoy all that New York Close Up offers. Don’t miss out — join now.