First of all, I cannot believe that we are approaching year FOUR of the Art21 Educators program. It seems like a very short time ago we were just hatching this idea to work with art educators in new ways, starting with a week together in New York City and then monthly online sessions to support teachers’ work bringing contemporary art, themes and questions into the classroom.
Recently we announced our new year 4 cohort and this week I am pleased to share this list of amazing educators with you. We had many excellent applicants and appreciate the effort that everyone made putting their applications together!
Our Art21 Educators for 2012-2013 include:
- Linda Churchwell-Vega from St. Louis, MO and Shannah Burton from Belleville, IL. Both are K-8 teachers. Linda teaches Language Arts and Shannah teaches Studio Art.
- Tricia Fitzpatrick and Don Ball from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (that’s right, Canada!). Tricia is a high school Science teacher and Don teaches Studio Art.
- Craig Newsom from Carlinville, IL and Carl Anderson from Minneapolis, MN. Craig is our first Art21 Educator that teaches on the undergrad level and Carl teaches middle and high school Language Arts.
- Caitlin Miller and Matthew Garza from New York City who both teach special education students at their school. Caitlin is an Art and Computers teacher while Matthew is an assistant teacher for Art and Music.
- Catherine Karp from Pepperell, MA and Cheryl Vernick from Cambridge, MA. Both teach K-8 Studio Art.
- Dillon Paul from Canarsie, NY and Angela Larsen from Seattle WA. Both teach Studio Art- Dillon with high school students and Angela with middle school.
- Dennis Greenwell and Salem Robert Limpert from Murfreesboro, TN. Dennis is a high school Studio Art & English teacher while Salem Robert teaches Language Arts.
- Marni Rabinowitz and Hugo Rojas from New York City. Marni teaches high school Art and Hugo teaches Reading and Spanish.
A big welcome to our new group! We are excited to have you join us this summer in NYC and are even more excited to work with you over the next year…